WWW.MOUNTAINSHADOWS.INFO RATES APPLY UP TO 15 OVERNIGHT GUESTS. 15+ WILL INCLUDE ADDITIONAL FEES OF $50 PER GUEST, PER NIGHT. ON SITE EVENTS: CORPORATE, RETREATS, WEDDING, OTHER) WILL INCLUDE A ONE TIME SITE FEE. INTENTION: Our intention for Mountain Shadows is to create an environment that connects our guests with the amazing natural beauty of the Foresthill Divide, providing the perfect setting to Celebrate. Experience. Love. Commit. Ride. Explore. Learn. Teach. Focus. Plan. Strategize. Capture. Develop. Grow. Taste. Drink. Most important, we want you to Create priceless memories that last forever. _______________________________________________________________________________________ SERVICES AND AMENITIES: _______________________________________________________________________________________ CONCIERGE SERVICES: (Additional Fees Apply between guest and service provider)* *Housekeeping *Grocery Shopping and Stocking *Meal Preparation *Catering *Guided Tours and Activities *Pet Sitting *Massage Therapy _______________________________________________________________________________________ PROPERTY AMENITIES: ______________________________________________________________________________________ 1.5 acres of private property overlooking the American River Canyon in Foresthill, California Private Security gate with code and fencing around property Sleeps (14) single in Beds / or up to (20) guests in beds (1) Master King Suite with TV, private deck, and bathroom (1) Guest Queen, (1) Guest Full (Share Full Bath) (4) Twins in private Bunk room with private shower and bath (1) bedroom Apartment (Queen) bottom level, self-contained with private kitchen and bath. Separate entrance to covered outdoor patio. (1) Apartment Couch pull-out. Full. Separate Casita with (4) twin bunks and queen bed pullout. Mini fridge. Full bath. (7) Total Bathrooms - (5) Full Baths, (2) Powder Culinary Kitchen: +Thermador duel fuel range with griddle. +Granite Countertops and
Address 1: 24260 Mosquito Ridge Road
City: Foresthill - California
Postal Code: 95631
Contact Name: Brian Clausman
Check-In / Check-Out Policies
This property has the following check-in and check-out times and policies.
Check-In: 03:00 PM
Check-Out: 12:00 PM
Late Check-Out Hour: 02:00 PM
Late Check-out Fees: $ 0.00
Late check out (after 12:00 PM and before 02:00 PM) may result in a fee.
Property and Cancellation Policies:
If a special event is taking place and a special event facility fee is charged (See Invoice on Page 1 or online reservation) and a situation where an event is canceled anytime subsequent to the receipt of the booking fee, the Event Fee less $500.00 shall be returned to the Lessee. Therefore, there is a minimum $500.00 Rental Deposit that is due upon acceptance and execution of this Agreement. Such executed Agreement and the initial Rental Deposit are due within three (3) days of the issuance of this Agreement, or the rental property will be placed back on the market, for Lease. In addition, the final balance of the Rental Payment shall be due 45 days prior to Rental Commencement Date, with the following applicable taxes and fees. If arrival date occurs in 45 days or less on the acceptance and execution of this Agreement the entire 100% of the total rental amount is due. Should the final Rental Payment’s be late (as outlined above), and not received by Lessor, within Three (3) days of the due date, as outlined above, this Agreement shall be considered cancelled. Upon Cancellation, any and all Rental Deposit’s or Payment’s, previously received, shall be considered as Actual Damages to the Lessor, and such amounts shall fully accrue to the benefit of the Lessor. Lessor shall have no further obligations to Guest, and specifically no obligation to allow Guest access to the premises.
Terms and Conditions
This Lodging Agreement entered into for and on behalf of Blue Dream Properties, LLC, (Mountain Shadows Retreat) (hereinafter referred to as Lessor), and the Lessee, ___ (hereinafter referred to as Guest or Lessee), is based upon Guest leasing the Premises of 24260 Mosquito Ridge Road, Foresthill, CA from Lessor, and is conditioned and subject to the following terms:
RENTAL TERM: The Checkout time is especially critical, allowing time for the home to be cleaned, prior to next usage. Failure to be out on time may cause financial damages to be assessed against the Lessee, (unless previously approved, IN WRITING).
RENTAL AMOUNT: The Rental Nightly Rate for the Rental Term, as set forth and included herein above or within the online reservation, does not include any cleaning fees, Security Deposits, Concierge Services, Insurance, toilet rentals, food/beverage, event rentals, or any and all applicable Taxes, these are separate charges. Base nightly rental includes up to fifteen (15) overnight guests on the property. Additional overnight guests require an additional fee per night.
CANCELLATION POLICY, SPECIAL EVENT CANCELLATION AND RENTAL DEPOSIT: It is expressly understood and accepted by Guest/Lessee, that Lessor is removing such rental property from the rental market, as a result of this rental reservation, and the terms of this Lodging Agreement. All Rental Deposit’s or Payment monies received from Lessee are NON REFUNDABLE unless cancelled in writing 60 days prior to day of arrival and for all bookings that fall on recognized federal holidays or any special event bookings which are considered peak, Lessee will have 120 days in writing unless noted otherwise or agreed to between Lessor or lessee in writing. If Lessor is able to re-rent the cancelled dates, all monies less 10% of gross rental amount will be refunded. If less days are re-rented Lessor will subtract the difference and Lessee will be responsible for the additional days not rented, in addition to the 10% cancellation fee. Lessor is not obligated to rent fewer days than what the current minimums are currently set at. Lessee should not enter into this Agreement, if they are not fully aware of, and acknowledge such, by their execution of this Agreement If a special event is taking place and a special event facility fee is charged (See Invoice on Page 1 or online reservation) and a situation where an event is canceled anytime subsequent to the receipt of the booking fee, the Event Fee less $500.00 shall be returned to the Lessee. Therefore, there is a minimum $500.00 Rental Deposit that is due upon acceptance and execution of this Agreement. Such executed Agreement and the initial Rental Deposit are due within three (3) days of the issuance of this Agreement, or the rental property will be placed back on the market, for Lease. In addition, the final balance of the Rental Payment shall be due 45 days prior to Rental Commencement Date, with the following applicable taxes and fees. If arrival date occurs in 45 days or less on the acceptance and execution of this Agreement the entire 100% of the total rental amount is due. Should the final Rental Payment’s be late (as outlined above), and not received by Lessor, within Three (3) days of the due date, as outlined above, this Agreement shall be considered cancelled. Upon Cancellation, any and all Rental Deposit’s or Payment’s, previously received, shall be considered as Actual Damages to the Lessor, and such amounts shall fully accrue to the benefit of the Lessor. Lessor shall have no further obligations to Guest, and specifically no obligation to allow Guest access to the premises.
TRAVEL INSURANCE: We highly recommend all Lessees/Guests purchase travel insurance.
CLEANING CHARGE: In addition to the above mentioned Rental Amount, there is a mandatory Cleaning Charge in the amount noted above on the first page of money due. This charge is for “normal cleaning”. However, if the premises are left in an unusually messy or disturbed manner, additional cleaning will be required. All additional cleaning costs will be charged at a rate of $50.00 per hour, for such additional hours as required to restore the premises. Any such additional cleaning costs will be deducted from the above mentioned Security Deposit. Lessee must remove all trash from the Premises of the home, upon departure. Place trash in a trash bag or provided trash containers. There is a $25.00 removal fee for any trash left inside the Premises of the home.
SECURITY DEPOSIT / GUEST RESPONSIBILITY: This deposit is non-interest bearing and is fully refundable, with the following exceptions: The costs for: Damage repairs, (such as, but not limited to: theft, extra ordinary cleaning, smoke damage, fire damage, liquid spillage, mud and debris on feet, stains to floor coverings, cigar and/or cigarette smoke), payments for un-paid payments to service providers, city fines incurred, special event fee’s, cost or replacements or other expenses necessary to fully restore the Premises and the associated property. Lessee specifically agrees to allow the aforementioned Security Deposit, to be used, by Lessor, for all such related costs, and have such deducted from the Security Deposit. “Normal” wear and tear, without abuse, is excluded. There will be charges against your Security Deposit for replacement of any missing or damaged items from the home. Security Deposit is refundable within approximately fifteen (15) days of departure, after Lessor inspects the premises (or after any damages are repaired, per above). The Security Deposit refund will then be mailed to Guest, at the given address at the given or a credit card refund will be processed. See the Non Smoking Premises notes in the contract.
DUE CAUTION REQUIRED BY GUEST: Guest does hereby accept full responsibility to exercise due caution with the premises, and all premises contents (whether inside or outside the premises), and hereby agrees to maintain such, during the Rental Term, in a reasonable and prudent manner, and to not misuse any aspect of the Premises. Should such Security Deposit be insufficient to restore and/or replace the property and its contents, Guest agrees to pay all such costs for the full restoration. In the event of any damages, it is further agreed that the Security Deposit will not be returned until such time as all bills are received, for extraordinary expenses incurred by Lessor, as a result of misuse of the premises. In the case of excessive damage or loss of inventory, where there is no remaining Security Deposit, Guest agrees to pay all costs involved in restoration and/or replacement, within ten days of invoicing by Lessor.
OUTSIDE DISTURBANCE: Lessor is not responsible for any noise disturbances outside of the private property from any outside surrounding residents. FORESTHILL/PLACER COUNTY NOISE ORDINANCE IS 10:00 PM. ALL MUSIC OR ENTERTAINMENT MUST BE CONCLUDED BY 10:00 PM.
GATED ACCESS TO PROPERTY: The Premises are accessible through a private gated entrance. The Gate Entrance button locations and gate remote controls for such gate shall be provided to the Lessee/Guest, upon arrival. Such Gate remotes shall be held secure and not provided by Guest to others, other than personal guests, for any reason.
PROPERTY CARETAKER: Due to the size of the property we may at some time have a property care taker who lives on the property in a separate home and is there if needed to assist you during your stay with questions or issues that may arise. (Currently no caretaker lives on the property)
RETURN OF KEYS AND GARAGE REMOTE CONTROLS: It is expressly understood that Guest’s failure to return all keys to the Premises, and/or the garage door remote controls, shall cause Lessor additional expense to re-key and/or change out locks on the Premises. All such costs shall be deducted from the Security Deposit. Lessor will provide an itemized statement as to any deductions. Please return keys and garage door remote(s) to the initial pick up locations. LESSOR ACCESS: Guest agrees to allow Lessor, Lessor’s Agent, Lessor’s Caretakers; Lessor’s cleaning staff and crews, maintenance crews, and Lessor’s vendor’s reasonable access to the Premises. In the event of an emergency, Lessor or any of Lessor’s Agents shall have the right to enter the unit, without notice, for the purpose of ascertaining and assessing the emergency, and making any repairs, at any time, night or day.
TERMINATION / UNFORSEEN CIRCUMSTANCES: Failure by Guest to pay rent or other charges due hereunder, or to comply with any of the conditions pertaining to this Agreement or contained herein shall, at Lessor’s option, forthwith terminate this Agreement. Guest shall immediately vacate the premises upon notification of Termination. If Lessor is unable to deliver possession of the residence to Lessee on the agreed date, because of the loss or destruction of the residence or because of the failure of the prior residents to vacate, or for any other reason, the Lessee and/or Lessor may immediately cancel and terminate this agreement upon written notice to the other party at their last known address, whereupon neither party shall have liability to the other, and any sums paid under this Agreement shall be refunded in full. If neither party cancels, this Agreement shall be prorated and begin on the date of actual possession. Neither party shall have the right to arbitrarily terminate this Agreement, after such Agreement is fully executed by both parties.
LEGAL USAGE ONLY: Lessee agrees not to violate any law, statute or ordinance, nor commit, or permit any nuisance in, on, or about the Premises or, in any way, to annoy, molest, or interfere with any property neighbor’s peaceful co-existence. Lessee and/or Guest may NOT use the Premises for a Commercial Operation or Business of any type unless under written authorization from Lessor. The Lessor represents that it possesses the legal right to lease the Premises to the Lessee pursuant to the terms of this Lodging Agreement.
PERSONAL PROPERTY and INSURANCE:Lessee acknowledges that Lessor’s insurance does not cover personal property damage caused by fire, theft, rain, war, acts of God, acts of others, and/or any other causes, nor shall Lessor be held liable for such losses. Lessee is hereby advised to obtain his own insurance policy to cover any personal losses in addition to property damage coverage no less than $5,000.00, which policy may be obtained through VRBO when booking online and other sources. Lessee may also list Blue Dream Properties as an additional insured to his personal policy to satisfy proper liability coverage. In addition to Personal Property and Damage coverage, special events on-site that have (50) fifty or more guests require a minimum $1,000,000.00 liability policy listing Blue Dream Properties, LLC / Brian Clausman as additional insured. Lock up and properly secure all personal items and property. Lessor shall not be liable or responsible for any injury to any person, on the Premises or surrounding areas, during the Rental Term, or for personal injury, loss or damage while Premises are under control of the Guest. Unauthorized persons are not permitted entrance to the Premises.
SUBLETTING: Guests shall not assign or sublet the Premises, or any part thereof.
PERSONAL ITEMS LEFT, AFTER DEPARTURE: Any personal items left on the Premises after Guest vacates the Premises shall be considered abandoned, and shall be removed and/or disposed of by the Lessor. If there is a particular item, that appears to be of some significant value, the Lessor shall attempt to notify the Guest, for clarification. However, Lessor cannot be responsible for such, and makes no guarantee. Please, do a thorough walk thru prior to departure of the Premises.
PROPER USE: Guests shall exercise proper use of all electrical and gas appliances, kitchen equipment, plumbing fixtures, mechanical equipment, audio visual equipment, hot tub, sauna, fire wall, arcade games, and miscellaneous equipment. Guests shall be liable for any repair resulting from, failure to comply with these conditions. “Normal” wear and tear, without abuse, shall be acceptable to Lessor.
INVENTORY: Guest agrees not to make any changes, relocations, or modifications to the Premises furnishings, décor items, etc., and further understands and agrees that any items unreasonably damaged or missing from the unit or its surround grounds, inventory will be charged against the Security Deposit. In the case of excessive loss of inventory, where there is no remaining Security Deposit, Guest agrees to pay all costs involved in restoration of such inventory, within ten days of invoicing by Lessor. Contents are inventoried, prior to occupancy.
NON-SMOKING PREMISES: ALL PREMISES ARE NON-SMOKING. NO SMOKING may occur inside the Premises. Guests may use ONLY the outside patio areas for smoking. Please keep these areas clean of debris or cigarette butts. Any smoking (cigarettes or cigars, etc) is absolutely prohibited inside the home and will cause significant damage to the home, furnishings, furniture and belongs, and may cause substantial damages including total forfeiture of the Security Deposit, or more.
LOCK & SECURE PREMISES: When leaving the Premises, please make sure all windows and doors are closed and locked.
METHOD OF PAYMENT: We accept Cash (hand delivered only), Cashier Checks, Money Orders, Visa and Master Card. Personal Checks may be accepted if payment is tendered fifteen days prior to due date for such monies. No foreign checks will be accepted. If check is returned for NSF there will be a $100.00 service charge.
CONCIERGE SERVICES/HOUSEKEEPING: We offer some Concierge Services, for an additional charge. Guest may inquire about these services, when you confirm your reservation. Possible Guest Concierge Services include:
- Housekeeping Services (i.e. daily, mid-week, etc.)
- Chef Services and Food Preparation (in home)
UTILITIES: Pool & Utility fees are included in the nightly rental rate which include pool heating, all gas and electric needs including Satellite TV, internet and applicable taxes. Guest agrees not to use any utilities in a wasteful manner. Please help us protect the environment, by minimizing utilities usage.
AUDIO VISUAL EQUIPMENT and ALARM SYSTEMS: The Premises are equipped with premium, Audio-Visual Equipment, Satellite TV, Apple TV, Alarm Systems, Fire Alarm Systems, etc. Please do not use, unless you are knowledgeable about such. If you need assistance, contact the Lessor or the onsite Caretaker. In addition the outside premise of the property is equipped with video surveillance that is not monitored, but refereed to if necessary. If you need assistance or an alarm is sounded, please contact onsite property Caretaker.
RESIDENCE BELONGINGS/FURNITURE LOCATIONS/GAMING EQUIPMENT: Some personal belongings, equipment, arcade games, audio visual equipment, furnishings, accessories, pictures, decorator items, are provided in home. Such can be utilized by Guests, however, please treat such as your own and do not abuse. Report any malfunctions to the Lessor. In addition, if any indoor or outdoor furniture is moved by guests, Lessee is required to put all furniture back to its original location. Moving furniture could cause damage to furniture so please use caution to not damage furniture or areas of house while moving. All gaming equipment in game room and electronics throughout home are never to be moved outside or in another area of home. PROPERTY and COMMON AREA RULES:Unauthorized persons are not permitted entrance to the premises. PETS: Dogs are allowed on the property with an additional pet fee, and only allowed on the property if authorized by the Lessee. Lessee agrees to pick up all pet feces left by pet on property grounds. Dogs are also required to be pet treated with flea medicine. Any additional cleaning costs will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
- RISKS and DANGERS: Please be cognizant of the inherent dangers of a natural mountain terrain area, such as Mountain Shadows Retreat. Be aware of the, pool surroundings, and the inherent risk of such surroundings. Watch your children and guests. Obviously, there are no lifeguards. SWIM AT YOUR OWN RISK AND USE EXTREME CAUTION!
- FIRE: Guest is required to Check with local Rangers office for Foresthill Fire status during the stay prior to lighting any fires in fire pits. Guest is responsible for any fines associated with misuse or not abiding by County Laws regarding fire.
- FIREWORKS: Fireworks of any kind are NOT ALLOWED and against the law in Foresthill or Placer County. This includes Sparklers or anything that can be ignited.
- POOL: There are no life guards. Children are only allowed to swim and play in pool when adults are present. No diving into pool or off any structure or waterfall into pool. No roughhousing, dunking, pushing or wrestling in or around pool or lake. Diving can cause serious injury, paralysis or death. Lessee is responsible for pool, for you and your children and your guests/invitees. Lessee acknowledges that the safety of yourself, your guests, children or pets depends on you. The pool, hot tub and lake are not fenced or gated. Children that are not fully potty trained must have a swim diaper on at all times while using the Pool. Children under the age of 14 years are not permitted in the pool without adult supervision. No throwing rocks or any other foreign objects in pool or hot tub. No glass containers in or around pool or hot tub area at any time. Broken glass or foreign objects in pool will result in additional charges. Lessor is not responsible for accidents.
- POOL EQUIPMENT: Lessee, Lessee guests/invitees are not permitted to be in equipment area.
- HORSE RIDING: Lessee, minors or guests of Mountain Shadows are not to use property for horseback riding without prior written approval from Lessor. If access is granted by Lessor, Lessee, parent of minor, and guests must sign a separate agreement and release from liability to use facility.
- IN EMERGENCY: Call 911 and give them the address: 24260 Mosquito Ridge Road, Foresthill, CA 95631
- SAFETY: Lessee shall be fully responsible for the safety of all individuals on, in, or near, the Premises during the term of this lodging agreement/lease.
- DAMAGES: Lessee is responsible for the actions or damage caused by any and all children, guests/invitees and pets.
- CAMPING: No camping or tent set up permitted anywhere on grounds, unless pre-approved prior to arrival
- GRASS: No water slide, no bounce house or any other large items that would cover grass and create damage with not circulation to grass allowed for any period of time, unless approved for a special event.
- SPECIAL EVENTS/PARTIES: Guest is not to have any special event, outside vendors, staging, dance floors or activities on property without prior written approval. If such an event were to occur, Lessee will be responsible for all costs and charges associated with such an event and possible loss of security deposit.
- Tenants expressly acknowledge and agree that this Agreement is for transient occupancy of the Property, and that Tenants do not intend to make the property a residence or household.
- We occasionally experience outages that are beyond our control. We report outages as each occurs. No refunds or compensation will be given for any outages.
- There shall be no refunds of rents due to shortened stays or ruined expectations because of weather conditions.
- If the property should go on the MARKET FOR SALE, it may be shown to qualified buyers during the Tenants’ stay. Every effort will be made to schedule the showing at a convenient time and not interrupt the Tenant’s vacation. Lessee shall allow reasonable viewings of the home between 9 am and 8 PM present or not.
- There shall be no refunds of rents because of shortened stays or ruined expectations due to work and family emergencies or other commitments.
- Only legally owned and permitted firearms shall be allowed on the premises according to State and local laws.
- Lessee agrees that Fireworks and other hazardous materials shall not be used in or around the property.
- The property has fire alarms installed and they are believed to function properly at the time of rental. Tennant will notify management without delay if a fire alarm “chirps” or has a low battery condition.
- Lessee is advised that there is no carbon monoxide detector on the property and accepts the risk involved in not having one.
- Lessee shall see to their own security while in the property by locking doors, windows, garage doors, etc. when it’s prudent to do so.
- Cable TV is provided and service level has been chosen by the Lessor. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, or personal preferences with regard to cable TV service.
- High speed wireless internet is provided as a convenience only and is not integral to the agreement. No refund of rents shall be given for outages, content, lack of content, speed, access problems, lack of knowledge of use, or personal preferences with regard to internet service.
- NOTICES OF CLAIM: If a dispute arises out of or relates to this agreement, or the breach thereof, the claimant shall first advise the other party of the details of the claim within ten (10) days from the time the facts underlying the claim became known to the claimant. The notice shall be in writing with sufficient detail and backup information to permit the other party to evaluate the claim.
- NEGOTIATIONS: Within twenty (20) days after notification of a claim in writing, a representative(s) of the Owner and the Lessee shall meet and endeavor to negotiate a resolution. Representatives of both parties shall attend with authority to settle any claim.
- MEDIATION: If a dispute arises out of or relates to this contract, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through negotiation, the parties agree to try in good faith to settle the dispute by mediation administered in accordance with the terms of the California Uniform Mediation Act before resorting to arbitration, litigation, or some other dispute resolution procedure.
- ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES: If a dispute arises out of or relates to this agreement, or the breach thereof, and if the dispute cannot be settled through mediation the Parties agree to resolve any disputed matter through binding arbitration pursuant to binding arbitration conducted by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association, as then in effect (the “Rules”). Any such arbitration will be held before one arbitrator who
- VENUE: The location of any mediation or arbitration shall be held in Orange County, California.